- Timestamp of the problem encountered (even approximately)
- Presence zone (office/room number if possible)
- Type of terminal used (manufacturer, model)
- Are the drivers, software and operating system of your terminal up to
date? if not, make all updates and redo your test.
- Browser concerned if this is the case (name and version)
- The SSID(s) used during connection
- The error message if applicable
- The MAC address of the terminal having the problem (if it is not
- The login used to connect if necessary (+ the domain suffix)
- Check that the page https://portail.polytechnique.edu/dsi/wifi (or
https://portail.polytechnique.edu/dsi/wifi-en) is applied by you
- Does your Wifi configuration (SSID + login) work in another building?
- If you have any doubt about the coverage:
• give us the speed observed, if applicable (launch a “speedtest”
from your terminal and / or a free radio coverage measurement tool such
as “wifiman” for Android and Windows, linSSID under linux, “Netspot” for
the Apple world and / or Windows)
• Does your neighbor have the same symptoms in the same location ?
(very often, the performance of radio antennas is different from one
device to another and from one brand to another)
• If you move to an adjoining office / bedroom, do you have the
same symptoms ?