EURAM 2016 : call for papers
Project Organising: General Track
We invite you to submit your paper to the Project Organising General Track at the European Academy of Management Conference EURAM 2016 in Paris, 1-4 June 2016.
The Project Organising: General Track provides an international platform to share and debate topical issues in the management of projects as temporary organisations and their context in project-based and/or project oriented organisations and in their context of inter-organisational networks. This includes the management of single projects, mega projects and programmes as temporary organisations, the management of project portfolios, the management of project-oriented organisations, which deliver projects to external or internal customers and project networks, or multi-enterprise meta-organisations, which are created in order to manage projects and programmes, and organisations which finance and sponsor projects and programmes.
In the General Track we feature academic papers related to the broad field of Project Organising. As the general theme of EURAM 2016 is Manageable Cooperation we especially welcome papers that
- contribute to a better understanding about cooperation and collaboration within and between projects, project based/oriented organisations, and their clients/owners
- relate project organising to cognate fields such as Organisational Design, Behaviour, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Development, Performance Management, Human Resource Management, Leadership and Marketing
In addition to papers that are of general relevance to the field of Project Management we will run both, a Panel and a Development Working Group and we propose thematic sessions with the intent to build up these themes for further conferences.
- The Panel: Project Management and Entrepreneurship is run in collaboration with the Entrepreneurship SIG is Projects and Entrepreneurship (Nous contacter, Nous contacter)
- The Development Working Group: Simulating the Governance of Inter-Organizational Project Networks (Nous contacter, Nous contacter, Nous contacter)
The proposed thematic sessions include
- Exploring Agile Approaches for the Management of Projects (Nous contacter; Nous contacter; Nous contacter)
- Human Resource Management in Projects, Programmes and Project-oriented Organisations (Nous contacter)
- Management of Exploration Projects (Nous contacter) Management of Project Business, Lifecycle Solutions and Services (Nous contacter)
- Managing Sustainability in and by Projects, Programmes and Project Portfolios (Nous contacter; Nous contacter; Nous contacter)
- Organisational Project Management (Nous contacter; Nous contacter)
- Project Marketing (Nous contacter)
- Project Stakeholder Management (Nous contacter)
- Public Policy and Projects (Nous contacter)
We invite conceptual as well as empirical papers based on quantitative, qualitative research or mixed methods. In our track, we will run competitive sessions as well as development sessions, to help authors further develop their papers.
The best papers will be offered the opportunity to publish in the International Journal of Project Management, Project Management Journal or International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. These journals have also agreed to offer thematic special issues that cover good papers across various conferences that are dedicated to project organising or offer a strong project organising track like EURAM.
The Project Organising: General Track has been established at the first EURAM conference and has continued since then. It is supported by the global professional organisations, such as, International Project Management Association and Project Management Institute which also sponsor the IPMA / PMI Best-Paper Prize, and the IPMA / PMI Best Student Paper Prize for the Project Organising SIG. The SIG also provides a Best Reviewer Award.
The deadline for paper submission is 12 January 2016 (2pm Belgian time). Before the EURAM conference, there will be a Doctoral Colloquium from 29-31 May 2016 . For further information about the conference, please visit the conference website.
Hope to meet you in Paris!
Warm regards, on behalf of the Project Organising SIG
Martina Huemann, Pernille Eskerod, Brian Hobbs, Ralf Müller