- fundamental studies on synthesis and growth mechanisms,
- processing/manufacturing methods
- physical/compact modeling
- system integration on flexible large area substrates
- Tree thermal evaporators
- The first one dedicated to OLED and OPV processes. This system provides 8 different evaporation sources, and offers the possibility to manage a co-evaporation of two different materials at the same time. It also has four positions for shadow-masks allowing fabricating several devices during the same process (without breaking the vacuum).
- The second one is mainly dedicated to OTFTs; it is equipped with 4 different evaporation sources (2 for organic materials and 2 for metals).
- The last one is dedicated to metallic
- electrodes. The uniqueness of this equipment is its shadow-mask alignment system, which permits a 25μm precision between 2 successive evaporations.
- Three systems for wet deposition
The first one, inside a glove-box, is a spincoater, which allows depositions of few cm².
A second one is a first generation ink-jet printer, which allows the deposition of fluidic materials on an 8x11 inch or A4 substrate, with a minimum deposition size of 25 μm.
The third system is a "doctor blade" system, which has been improved in collaboration with PMC laboratory, allowing the depositon of 100 nm thick films.
The darkroom for optical characterizations is dedicated to OLEDs and photo-luminescent measurements. It is equipped with:
- One spectrophotocolorimeter (PR-655 from Photoresearch) is coupled with a homemade IVL measurement system (in DC or pulsed current).
- The same spectrophotocolimeter is connected to an integrating sphere for photoluminiscent and electroluminiscent characterization.
- A solar simulator calibrated to AM 1.5 coupled to an I(V) characterization system. This system is used to characterize organic solar cells under a controlled atmosphere.
- A probe station coupled to a 4200 semiconductor parameter analyzer (Keithley 4200) and an impedance analyzer (Agilent 4192) for electrical characterization under inert ambient.