This industry-oriented graduate degree is a two-year program providing you state-of-the-art multidisciplinary education and in-depth scientific knowledge relevant to your career interest. It also equips you with practical skills and offers a venue for personal development as well as initial work experience necessary to “hit the ground running” in industry, and be immediately efficient and successful in your early career.
Our programs are designed for highly qualified undergraduate students with a solid background in Science and/or Engineering and who are interested in gaining knowledge and skills necessary to play a key role in leading technology and business organizations throughout the world.
On September 8, all students from the Master of Science and Technology met in Paris for a Bateau Mouche Tour on the Seine
Graduates obtain the academic qualification “Graduate degree of École Polytechnique” in the given engineering field.
Select programs are offered in cooperation between École Polytechnique and world-class French or foreign higher education institutions. Depending on the mobility scheme, students will be awarded a joint or double degree. (Please see the details of the programs for further information.)
Our programs are taught exclusively in English and offered on a full-time basis only.
Based on a workload of 140 ECTS credits, all programs are structured as follows :
- 48 to 56 ECTS credits in Science & Engineering (incl. core courses and electives)
- 12 to 16 ECTS credits in Business, Management of Technological Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- 12 to 16 ECTS credits in Humanities and Languages
- 12 ECTS credits of individual and team project work
- 40 ECTS credits for a research project or internship and work placement or in-company project
- 4 to 8 ECTS of sports activities
- 4 ECTS credits are equivalent to a minimum of 30 hours of lectures and classes. Each module has a workload requirement (assignments and independent study) of 2 hours per ECTS.
Find out what makes our degree so unique:
> High-level research training combined with innovation management know-how
> Multidisciplinary à la française