Junior Network Engineer / Simulation Engineer
Looking for network engineers for developing and implementing network protocols for Smart Grid simulation.
Position Type: CDD full time
Location: Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau (suburb of Paris), France
About Ecole Polytechnique and its Network Research Group
Ecole Polytechnique the top French engineering institute which combines top-level research, academics, and innovation at the cutting-edge of science and technology. Its curriculum promotes a culture of excellence with a strong emphasis on science, anchored in humanist traditions.
The Networking research team (https://www.epizeuxis.net) at Ecole Polytechnique works on modelling, algorithms, architectures, and protocols for new telecommunications services. The team is, historically, at the origin of routing protocols for ad hoc networking, by way of having developed the “OLSR”(Optimized Link State Routing Protocol) and has produced more than 20 IETF "Standards" (RFCs), contributed to IEEE 802.11s, and to ITU G9903 standards on routing (LOADng).
• Develop and implement network protocols based on standards and specifications (from physical layer to application layer).
• Develop simulation tools and run network simulations to evaluate the performance of smart grid networks.
• Test and validate the developed modules.
• Bachelor’s degree or plus (master, engineer) in computer science/engineering.
• Good communication and writing skills in English.
• 2+ years of experience in developing and implementing network protocols.
• 2+ years of experience in programming in Matlab or/and C/C++.
• Familiar with network protocol stack. Experience working in sensor network related protocols (such as 802.15.4, G3-PLC, 6LowPan, etc.) is a plus.
• Experience with network simulation tools (NS2, NS3, etc.) and co-simulation standards such as FMI (Functional Mock-up Interface) is a plus.
Sylvie Tonda-Goldstein Nous contacter