Applications for the Bachelor Program are only considered for admission to Year 1; therefore, we are unable to accept transfer students in Years 2 and 3 of the Program.
General Admission Requirements
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Currently be enrolled in the last year of secondary education and must graduate before the start of the Bachelor Program (e.g. French Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate, A-levels, secondary school/high school diploma)
- Have recently graduated from secondary education
- Have recently graduated from secondary education and be currently enrolled in post-secondary education
Students are selected using a holistic approach to admissions. Therefore, the Admissions Committee considers not only academics (i.e. strong academic performance in high school, especially in mathematics and science), but also non-academic factors. We recognize exemplary, sustained achievement in any field of intellectual or creative endeavor; accomplishments in extracurricular activities such as performing arts or athletics, scientific competitions, internships, leadership in your school or community, volunteering, etc.
Specific Admission Requirements
Consistent with all of École Polytechnique’s academic programs, the Bachelor Program is designed for top students, with very high potential, capable to follow a rich and demanding curriculum. Admission to École Polytechnique’s Bachelor Program is highly competitive with a historical acceptance rate of less than 15%.
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements, applicants to École Polytechnique’s Bachelor Program should also meet the following specific requirements:
- have an overall strong academic average;
- take advanced mathematics courses, and at least one advanced science course;
- have a level of English sufficient to successfully complete this Program (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages level C1).
Contact our Admissions Office for more information at Nous contacter